Monday, September 15, 2008

DR Preoccupied

I stand opposed to what I've said from my last post.


There is no Last Day of Duty Syndrome. I've come to believe that it is but a series of unperceived, unfathomable powers of the cosmos, from which we have no absolute control. To further justify this premise let me narrate to you the exact details of my whole DR experience today.

We've been beating our asses down the DR area the whole afternoon. Imagine this. 7 deliveries. SEVEN I tell you, and there were only 6 of us since our group was divided into two shifts. I've just started doing my labor watch with my cheery, expectant mother (oh yeah, a nice conversation is a good pain diversion), when all of a sudden I was pulled out to scrub in.

While all 3 delivery rooms were occupied, another mother was on the way in since her baby is already crowning (the baby's head is starting to show). So imagine the extreme tense in the atmosphere while all the babies were born. Our clinical instructor had to practically run from the nursery to the delivery room to supervise all of us.

Therefore I'm forced to conclude that the feeling of "busyness" doesn't only come on Fridays but on Mondays too. LOL

So the duty hours just went on and on and on. I dare not whine though. This is a blessing and it doesn't come quite often. So yey for that. hahaha

Current delivery standing for now: 4-handles, 3-assists, 1-labor watch. Yahoo! haha

Only 3 more cases to go till DR completion. So friends, let's pray for that! haha

But for now, I'm pretty worn-out and my bed is practically seducing me to slumberland.

By the way, I'll be posting some pictures from the TGIF gang every now and then. Guys, kita2 ta panagsa. haha. I believe these were taken from Toni Mai's birthday bash at KFC Ayala. Photo compliments to Kayie!.. ^^













P.S. Greet ko po pala si Kuya Bry na bumabasa ng blog na 'to. Kuya, wag mo kalimutan ung last item sa christmas/bday wishlist ko. LOL

6 comments:

Toni Marie said...

Lucky.Lucky.Lucky.

JB said...

mai: hehe.. mao jud mai.. how was ER?

James Tank said...

idola gud.

JB said...

james: more of swerte lang jud to bai. haha

Anonymous said...

Thank You

JB said...

keiji: LOL.. ure welcome tol.. haha..

ahh.. para san pala ung thank you? hehe